Wednesday 10 May 2017

(Allegedly) The World's First Self Strumming Guitar - Heavily Modded 3/4 Squier Stratocaster

guitarz.blogspot.com:


What are we to make of this alleged World's First Self-Strumming Guitar, a Frankenstein's monster of a creation built from parts of an old Squier Mini and a computer printer? It's currently listed on eBay UK with a Buy It Now price of £300, although the seller does note that "Although I have set the buy it now price high, I will entertain sensible offers, just offer whatever you think its worth and you might get (un)lucky!"

He also says that:
Please bear in mind this is a prototype and as such isn't finished nicely where I have been working on it, and while the self strum mechanism works perfectly laying flat on a bench it is a bit temperamental when the guitar is held in a playing position. I can suggest a simple modification to the buyer to correct this but it is not something I plan on doing myself as I am now busy working on the mark 2 self strumming guitar - the follow up to this.

Think of this a piece of mechanical art rather than an instrument you would use every day, putting all silliness aside this thing with a bit more development could actually be useful one day to a person who has either lost or lost the use of an arm. I'd like to sell this to fund further development into the concept. Check out the following video to see me building this contraption and to see it working.

AND there's a video!


G L Wilson

© 2017, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for such a nice & amazing guitar lesson.You can also learn from trained guitarist in easy steps with complete guidance here: goo.gl/5haIyT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, I've got a new guitar project on the bench as we speak, I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the effort of seeking out red zip ties to match the guitar's color tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poorly executed but the dude may be on to something. Using computer parts is interesting it would be well possible to hookup to midi. Halfway to a robot guitar, just needs solenoids to fret notes! Also when he stood up and played it, I thought there was a lot of potential in using the right hand to add chords, that got me thinking. Great post, had laughing out loud and my mind racing at possibilities. Connla

    https://grotguitars.wordpress.com/category/experimental-instruments/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis