Tuesday 29 September 2015

1970s Made in Japan Lero Telecaster copy with original vibrato.

guitarz.blogspot.com:






This Lero Telecaster reminds me of the 1970s Ibanez Tele that I sold a few years back. I still regret parting with that Ibanez.

Lero were made by the same company as Ibanez back then and this one looks to be in great shape. I think though that these sported a thinner body and less than impressive pickups. But this is only based on vague memory.

Anyone own a Lero? What are they like?

R.W. Haller

© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

8 comments:

  1. Know our blog on various music subjects and guitars in Brazil!

    http://musicaguitarraselembrancas.blogspot.com.br/

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Beautiful guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first electric was a lero amost exactly as in the picture above. Cream paintjob with tremelo. I got mine back in the mid 80s from a friend at school for $100. It was never set up, so the action was terribly high and the pickups were very noisy. But I learned my chops on it. Thinking back I wish I could have kept it. If memory serves, the body was slightly thinner than a standard Tele. Of course at the time I didn't know the difference between a Tele and a canoe paddle, so it was perfect. Miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Lero telecaster same colour as this one in the post but not quite the same layout of knobs. I've never seen one like mine. It's mint and it sounds good and is very light so its easy to play. I bought it in a flea market and its a lefty, which is a super rare find since I never find good cheap leftys anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have one. missing a couple parts and has definitely seen better days but It was also my first guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a cream coloured Les Paul style Lero. It sounds nice but it needs a proper tailpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of these 70s Lero Telecasters same cream color. Any idea what they are worth.?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Lero Telecaster bass. Cream color.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis