Friday 16 December 2011

Dean Cadillac with small 'shrimpfork' headstock

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Dave Coulson writes via our Facebook page:
I was having a whizz around the Guitarz site - as you do - and I came across the black '81 Dean Cadillac, so here's mine which I picked up around 14 years ago. It's all original, with a 2-octave thru-neck, gold-coloured (plated?) hardware and the smaller 'shrimpfork' headstock, which seems to frowned upon by most Dean enthusiasts; personally I prefer it - the larger 'V' headstocks appears too big to me, giving something of an unbalanced look. I don't know what year the guitar was produced, or the country of manufacture (I'm pretty sure it's not USA made) but I'm led to believe that Cadillacs were only made with those headstocks between '83 and '85.

Maybe you can shed a little more light.

Cheers,
Dave.
I confess I don't know a great deal about the particulars of the various Dean guitars. I always quite liked the large headstocks, although there's no way you'd get a straight string-pull on one of those, so I can understand why they experimented with a more sober design. If anyone out there can help Dave with his questions, please leave a note in the comments below.

G L Wilson

© 2011, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

2 comments:

  1. As far as I can work out from The Blue Book of Electric Guitars, my Dean (this one!) Is from the 'Tropical era' and was made in Korea in 1993. If anyone knows any better please post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a made in usa early Tropical era One (sn on the last fret). Is a Cadillac and I really struggled to date It. Few info almost nothing on the web.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis