Wednesday 29 October 2008

Another Yamaha Pacifica project

Yamaha Pacifica 112 project #2I've just bought this carcass (i.e. body and neck) of another Yamaha Pacifica 112. I've not decided if I want to re-finish it yet. The body does have a fair amount of knocks and dings in it but I'm not convinced that they are a problem seeing as relic guitars are supposed to be so cool. However, if I do re-finish it, it won't end up looking like a deck chair this time!

For this project I want to equip the guitar with a pair of Danelectro lipstick pickups that I've had lying about in my box of bits for ages. Now, I'm not quite sure how these should be installed as yet, because if you look at a Danelectro guitar you'll see that the pickups are attached via long screws from the back of the guitar. This shouldn't be too much of a problem for the neck position of the Pacifica - all I'd need to do is drill screw holes in the required positions - but the bridge pickup location puts it over the tremolo spring cavity. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to approach this yet, but I'm thinking on it. If anyone has any bright ideas, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis